Today the Arkhangelsk Region Library Network consists of more than one thousand libraries.
Among them are the following:
– 3 state regional libraries (the Arkhangelsk Regional Scientific Library named after N.A.Dobrolyubov, the Regional Children’s Library named after A.P.Gaidar, the Regional Library for Blind People);
– 1 specialized library – the Regional Medical Library;
– more than 500 public libraries in municipalities (including more than 40 children’s libraries, and more than 400 rural libraries);
– about 400 school libraries;
– more than 30 libraries of primary special education institutions;
– about 50 libraries of higher and secondary educational institutions (the largest of these libraries are scientific libraries of the Pomor State University, the Northern State Medical University, the Arkhangelsk State Technical University);
– about 20 special and scientific libraries of research institutions, museums, industrial enterprises;
– about 20 trade unions' libraries and libraries of other public organizations;
– libraries of military units, hospitals, correctional institutions.
The section provides an overview of the library network of the Arkhangelsk Region, offers a short historical review, an information about different types of the libraries. There are links to libraries' web-sites and some contact information.